Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lillian Owens Heath

Lillian Owens Hogstad Heath was my mother. She was born in Alabama on November 2, 1946, and died in Alabama on March 28, 2003. When she was a child, her family lived in Rockford and Montgomery, Alabama. When she was a young teen, her family moved to Texas. A couple of years later, her parents moved to California, but she elected to stay with her sister in Texas in order to finish high school. In 1965, she graduated from high school and moved to California.

I was born in Los Angeles in 1967. We lived in Louisiana, where my sister was born, for a brief time. Some time in 1970 or '71, we moved back to California. We lived in California until 1981, when we moved to Louisiana.

In '85 or '86, after I had graduated from high school, she moved back to California with my younger sister. Within a few years, my sister moved back to Louisiana and eventually, my mother moved to the UK.

She went to the UK to marry Stephen Valentine Heath. She lived there until 1990, when she moved back to Louisiana. She lived in Louisiana and Alabama for the rest of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment